New Grants announced for Solar PV Systems
The Irish government, through it’s advisory body SEAI, are running a pilot scheme offering a subsidy to home owners of house occupied pre 2011.
This subsidy has a maximum rebate of €3,000 and a finish date has not been advised. The SEAI in it’s research has noted that the average house requires a 2KW P.V. system.
The breakdown is as follows:
- 1st KW: €900
- 2nd KW: €900 x 2 = €1,800
- 3rd KW: €300
- 4th KW: €300
- Battery subsidy: €600
- TOTAL: €3,000
Leinster Solar are offering the following:
- Bullford Package (2KW): €4,100
- LESS Subsidy: €1,800
- FREE BER Cert: €0
- FREE iBoost (continuous hot water): €0
- TOTAL COST: €2,300
Terms and conditions:
- When the work is completed, your house must be at a BER rating of C or better
- Systems up to 7 panels (about 2.2kw) do not require planning but if you want a larger system, you may wish to consult your local planning authority to see if a system over 7 panels can be exempt from planning.
READY TO SAVE ON YOUR ELECTRICITY BILLS?
Generate your own electricity, save money and be self sufficient.